Study in Australia
Australia is one of the most popular countries for Hong Kong students to study abroad. Its high-quality of living conditions, great climate, excellent university system have attracted students around the world to come to Australia to study. Many Australian universities graduates are outstanding in the global politics , business and even produce some Nobel Prize winners. Much of the university research programs are resulted in receiving U.S. patents. Australian government has put legislation in place to ensure that international students studying under a visa do so under internationally consistent standards. These standards apply to providers of education and training for international students, which includes both higher education and vocational education and training (VET). Additionally, Australia has adopted quality assurance (QA) regimes that are consistent with those worldwide; this ensures that students in Australia are getting the best education available.
Australia Education System
The Australian education system is 6 years in primary schools and 6 years for secondary schools. Students are required to complete the secondary school and then take public examinations. Public examination scores and intra-school assessments are the criteria for admission to universities. The university is a 3-6 year program (depending on the programs). The university foundation course is a pre-university study before the student be advanced to the university. Foundation students can enroll directly to the first year of university as long as they complete the foundation courses and examination requirement.
University Entrance Examination
Australia's university admission requirement varies from states to states, and the students' college entrance examination scores will be converted into the national universal scoring system - ATAR, as a reference score of Australian universities. However, the results of the public examination are only part of the ATAR. The high school students in grades 11-12 will also be part of the ATAR. By integrating the various reference scores, ATAR scores range from 0-99.95, and the higher the score, the easier it is to enter a better university.
Australia Student Visa
All overseas students who study in Australia for more than 3 months must apply for an Australian student visa. This visa must be in place 3 months before the start of the course.
Secondary school in Australia
Boarding schools have five characters:
- Academic Promise : Boarding school students spend twice as much time as their peers on homework
- 24-Hour Learning : Continuous Learning - Boarding school students participate in more extracurricular activities, whether it is sports, music, drama or creative activities
- Learning To Lead : Leadership Development, boarding school students tends to pay attention to personality and academic development. More than three-quarters of students say they have a better chance of developing their leadership skills.
- College Ready : Through closer mentoring and greater personal responsibility, boarding school graduates have more adaptability in academic and non-academic.
- Getting Ahead : Later on in the career, boarding school graduates are more likely to be in senior management positions.
Boarding schools have six advantages:
- Have highly qualified teachers.
- Small class education facilitates interaction between students and teachers and provides better interest in learning.
- The campus environment of boarding schools ensures that students are immersed in the education.
- Prepare for academic requirement of the university.
- Train students' independence so that students can face the challenges and responsibilities of life in the future.
Recommends schools based on the students academic background and interest
Submits applications on behalf of students
Accept the offer
Assists in a student visa application
Assist accommodation arrangement, airport pickup, local guardian arrangements, and medical insurance etc